Date Approved: Jan 2020
Next Review: Jan 2021
DSCIENCE LTD is committed to safeguarding and protecting your privacy. We will not knowingly support any use of your information which is illegal or which contravenes the laws or common practice in the country of your origin.
For the purposes of the applicable data protection laws (the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR), together with any implementing legislation, in particular, the Data Protection Act 2018), the company responsible for your personal information is DScienceLtd . This Policy applies to information obtained by us through your use of the information, software, products and services we provide.
Collecting your Personal Information
Dscience Ltd collects information that, alone or in combination with other data, could be used to identify you (your Personal Information) such as your e-mail address, name, physical address, telephone number, or employment information. If you make a purchase from DScience Ltd , we may collect and store your billing and credit card information. DScience Ltd may also collect anonymous demographic information which is not unique to you, such as your postal code and preferences (Non-Personal Information). Non-Personal Information is not linked to your Personal Information.
DScience Ltd will collect your Personal Information in a number of ways, including when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through the other means that may or may not be noted above.
Information from Third Parties
We may collect Personal Information about you from third parties such as social media networks. We use this information to source potential customer leads.
Other information we may collect
We may also collect Personal Information as you use the Website, including User Content. This consists of all text, documents, content or information uploaded, entered, or otherwise transmitted by you in connection with your use of the Website and our software, products and services.
Automatically collected information
When you visit our Website, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software such as your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, operating system, cookie information, referring website addresses, pages visited, links clicked, text entered, and Internet Service Provider. We analyse and use this information to better understand how our users use services, to maintain and improve our service, and in some cases, to publicly disclose aggregated statistics regarding our services.
Use of your Personal Information
DScienceLtd collects and uses your Personal Information as necessary for the performance of our contract with you, and for our legitimate business interests, including to:
- Operate the Website and deliver the services.
- Communicate with you about the services you use, as well as respond to support requests, requests for assistance, including account verification support if you are having difficulty accessing your account.
- Display user content associated with your account and make sure it is available to you when you use our services.
- Understand and improve how our users use and interact with our services.
- Publicly disclose aggregated statistics regarding our users’ use of our services if requested or required.
When you register with us to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract. When we process any payment made by you, we may process your Personal Information to prevent or detect fraud, including fraudulent payments and fraudulent use of the Website.The legal basis for this processing is compliance with our legal obligations.
Storing your Personal Information
Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Personal Information on our systems for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy, or until you request that the information be deleted in accordance with your right of erasure (see “Your rights” section below).
Even if we delete your Personal Information, we reserve the right to maintain a copy for legal or regulatory purposes, but in such event, we will do so only as long as necessary to fulfil those legal or regulatory purposes. Please contact us for more information.
Personal Information access and disclosure
We will only disclose Personal Information to third parties:
- When we use vendors, legal professionals and service providers to assist us in meeting business or operating needs, such as providing legal services, communicating with users, delivering and improving our services, e-mail communication, invoicing and payments, customer support services and analytics. These service providers may only access, process or store Personal Information pursuant to our instructions and to perform their duties to us, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations; or
- When we have your explicit consent to share your Personal Information; or
- When we determine that disclosure is required to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of DScience Ltd and users, or to respond to lawful requests by public or regulatory authorities, including requests by law enforcement authorities; or
- if we sell some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, and if the transaction closes, then your Personal Information may be transferred to the buyer.
Transfers outside of the EEA
We will only transfer Personal Information outside of the EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your Personal Information, for example, by way of data transfer agreement incorporating the current standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission.
To ensure that your Personal Information receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures to ensure your information is treated in a way that is consistent with data protection laws.
The Website uses “cookies” to help you personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed by us or our re-marketing partners on your hard drive by a web page server. Our cookies do not run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to your computer and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to your computer.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenient feature to save you time. The cookie tells the server that you have returned to a specific page. A cookie helps the Website recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your Personal Information, such as your billing address or site preferences. When you return to the same Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Website features that you customised.
We may place the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website more relevant to your interests and for re-marketing as described below.
If you do not want to receive cookies, you can usually choose to opt-out by modifying your browser settings to decline them. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of, or to fully experience the interactive features of DScience Ltd | Keen AI services or web pages you visit.
For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. This site also provides details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
Data security and integrity
DScience Ltd is committed to taking reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access. We do this by using a range of technical and organisational measures including measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your personal information, please Contact Us immediately.
The Website is designed to secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, with protections from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. When Personal Information is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
However, while we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of all data which is transmitted to the Website or to another website via the internet or similar connection. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of the Website, please keep this password safe.
Under the GDPR, you have various rights in relation to your Personal Information, such as the rights of access, rectification, restriction, objection, portability, and erasure. Please note that these rights are subject to certain limitations set forth in applicable law.
To exercise these rights, please contact us. We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay, and in any event in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws. Please note that we may keep a record of your communications to help us resolve any issues you raise.
If you believe that we have not complied with this Policy or your data protection rights, you have the right to file a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, however, we hope that you’ll attempt to resolve the complaint with us first. Please Contact Us for more information.
Third Party advertising and links to Third Party websites
We may use re-marketing services to advertise our products to you on third party websites after you have visited our Website.
Changes to this Policy
We may occasionally make updates to this Policy to reflect company and customer feedback. DScience Ltd encourages you to periodically review this Policy to be informed of how we are protecting your Personal Information. We are committed to ethical and inclusive practices and welcome your comments regarding this Policy. Please contact us, or write to us at:
Data Protection Officer
The Moseley Exchange
149-153 Alcester Road
Birmingham, B13 8JP
For more information, please Contact Us.